CTSS Instructor Trainers
David G. Vanden Brink
Retired from the RCMP as well as experience with Corrections Canada, Canadian Armed Forces Reserves and being a Firefighter, David brings much knowledge to CTSS. David holds a Shodan (first degree black belt) in Judo and has both coached and instructed for several years in New Brunswick and Saskatchewan.
As founder and director of the Wise Warrior Gym for the last 18 years, Calen has more than 20 years of experience in personal protection and self-defense training. He has studied and become proficient in many combative disciplines, including Tacical Combat Systems, I.S.R. Matrix, Blauer Tactical Systems, Boxing, Kickboxing, Brazilian Ju Jitsu, Filipino Martial Arts, Kung Fu and others.
Calen has taken information from a wide variety of sources and organized it into the most effective, progressive, learning and training system to be found anywhere. A training system based on REAL life, REAL martial art, and REAL self defense.
The Wise Warrior Gym offers qualified, professional instruction, in an environment that promotes personal development and physical fitness.
Master Derek Sadler, ChPC, PFT
7th Dan Black Belt,
Master Instructor / Owner - Precision Martial Arts Academy
Chief Energy Officer (CEO)
Fitness Foundations Inc.
Executive Protection Agent, HSDS LTD.
Certified 7th Dan Black Belt (WT)
• Certified 5th Dan Black Belt (Chang Moo Kwan)
• Certified Personal Fitness Trainer
•Coaches of Canada Chartered Professional Coach (ChPC)
• Taekwondo Canada (TC) Coach Developer
• Master Coach Developer in Training
• Dynamic Fitness Professional for over 25 years
• Creator/Founder & Provincially recognized Instructor of Core Kick-boxing ™
• NCCP Multi-sport A / B / PC Modules
• TC Certified National L1 Kyorugi Referee
• TC Certified National Poomsae Coach
• World Taekwondo International Referee (IR) – Poomsae
• 4-time National Team Canada Member
• 36 years of Martial Arts Training & Education
• 26 years of Taekwondo Training & Education
• Certified Control Tactics and Survival Skills (CTSS) Instructor
• Solicitor General Certified Instructor
• Certified Alberta Basic Security Training (ABST)
• Alberta & BC Security License
• Restricted and Unrestricted Firearms License
• Executive Protection Agent, Haywork Secure Driving Service (HSDS Ltd.)
• Executive Protection Agent / Personal Fitness Trainer,
Oilers Entertainment Group (OEG)
• Proud Father of 2 beautiful daughters, Kassandra & Taylor
• Proud Grandpa to Adam
Certified under the Alberta solicitor general as a Trainer under s.14(2) of the SSIA ministerial regulation for:
* accredited basic security training course,
* accredited Baton/use of force course,
* Alberta basic security training course.
Certified as a security professional in Alberta under the Security
Services and Investigators act.
* International Taekwondo Federation, 1st degree black belt, since 1995
* Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, 2016/2017
* International Krav Maga Federation, since 2015
Level 1 swim coach, National coaching certification program of Canada (NCCP) and Swim Canada/Swim Alberta.
Active Swim instructor status with the Canadian Red Cross, since 2006.
Active Instructor status with the Lifesaving Society of Alberta,
Lifesaving Instructor, National Lifeguard Instructor since 2015/2016.
First responder with St. John Ambulance.
Other Interests include swimming, cycling, running, gymnastics, spring board diving. I am also an active Law student at MacEwan University In Edmonton Alberta, since 2016.
© 2022 Control Tactics and Survival Skills (CTSS) All rights reserved.